The Hospitality / Guest Services / Marketing Internship at BPAS is a collaborative, fun and casual learning experience. The sanctuary has a gift shop, which is open to the public during sanctuary hours, as well as an all year on-line store. Interns in Guest Services assist in scheduling tours, conducting tours, greeting guests, presenting guest orientations, and running the day to day duties in the gift shop. Gift shop responsibilities include merchandising, ticketing, running reports and analyzing sales. Candidates should be detail oriented, and customer focused as well as have a passion for the Black Pine Animal Sanctuary primary mission to educate and inform the public about responsible animal care and the atrocious realities of the exotic animal trade.
This program requires a minimum of 200 hours of service over an 8 week period, which is an average of 24 hours a week, and includes some weekends in season.
- Be at least 16 years old with valid driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation to sanctuary for shift.
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able and willing to read and follow verbal and written instructions and work independently.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and respect for the animal residents.
- Work well with the BPAS team.
- Have basic computer and internet skills.
- Willing and able to work in an environment where exposed to animals, animal by-products, animal carcasses (feed for the animal residents).
- Good communication skills and problem solving.
- Willing to assist in other areas as needed. Have a team mentality and work ethic.
To apply for the Hospitality / Guest Services / Marketing Internship program, please email resume and 2 personal references to email@example.com with Internship in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!