The Maintenance Internship at Black Pine Animal Sanctuary offers a hands on opportunity to gain experience in the upkeep and maintaining of the sanctuary, its buildings, and the 18 acres of grounds. Each day varies, but includes practical experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and other systems. The maintenance intern will work with volunteers and other interns, on the day to day up keep of animal habitats and the grounds, as well as maintenance of public gather places, restrooms, fencing and more.
- Be at least 18 years old or older with a valid Driver’s License.
- Willing to make a commitment to 200 hours on sight in an 8 week period.
- Be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Be able to stand, walk, bend, and lift for extended periods of time.
- Be able and willing to read and follow verbal and written instructions and work independently.
- Be willing and able to work in an environment where exposed to animal by-products, animal carcasses (feed), dirt, excrement, unpleasant smells and sometimes noisy conditions.
- Have a basic understanding of use of power and hand tools, and safe operating procedures.
- Have good math skills.
- Have previous experience and/or education in general maintenance.
- Willing and able to follow all safety and personnel policies.
- Be friendly and courteous to sanctuary guests.
- Must be able to provide proof of tetanus/booster shot within the past 7 years, and have a negative tuberculosis (TB) skin test result.
To apply for the Maintenance Internship Program, please email your resume, experience and 2 references to email@example.com with Internship in the subject line.