Exotic Animal Lead Keeper – Full Time
The Lead Keeper position is integral to the success of Black Pine. . We are seeking someone with a passion for animals & the Black Pine mission. The ideal candidate will have ‘autonomous’ animal husbandry experience, some veterinary experience, excellent leadership & communication skills. Time management, flexibility, exceptionally organized, a positive attitude, a “get it done” mentality, and not afraid to get dirty or of physical activity are all important qualities for this position.
- Animal husbandry – Understanding of basic principals and practices for exotic animal care for a variety of species.
- Risk management – Possess good judgement and track record related to working with and around potentially dangerous animals, animal by-products, noise, equipment, etc.
- Leadership – Skilled at mentoring, evaluating and leading others.
- Teamwork – Able to work in a respectul manner with others at varying degrees of experience.
- Project management – Able to multitask, mentor others, and follow up on ongoing organizational projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus post-high school life science education and/or paid related work experience.
- Previous experience as a “primary” caregiver for multiple animals/species.
- Supervisory experience.
- Must have reliable, all-weather transportation.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours her week, flexible schedule, including weekends & holidays.
- Must be able to perform duties in an environment with exposure to animals, byproducts, feed carcasses, bedding materials, feeds, etc. for a prolonged period of time.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only experienced animal care applicants will be considered.