Facilities Manager/Maintenance -Full Time
The Facilities Manager/Maintenance position is integral to the success of Black Pine. We are seeking someone with a passion for animals, supportive of the Black Pine mission, knowledgeable about facilities upkeep, equipment maintenance, inventory control, basic carpentry, and a willingness to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate will have ‘autonomous’ maintenance skills and jack of all trades. Additional skills would include time management, flexibility, organized, a positive attitude, and a “get it done” mentality. This position works five days a week with some weekends. Paid time off within first 90 days.
- Maintain buildings (animal habitats, maintenance building, commissary, & gift shop)
- Maintain grounds (lawns, wooded habitat areas, parking lots, driveways, pathways etc.)
- Maintain structural animal containment features for safe and effective working condition.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance equipment & supplies.
- Animal husbandry – Understanding of basic principles and practices for exotic animal care for a variety of species.
- Risk management – Possess good judgement and track record related to working with and around potentially dangerous animals, animal by-products, noise, equipment, etc.
- Leadership – Able to establish clear expectations and hold others accountable to meet expectations.
- Communication – Skilled at communicating expectations, instructions, goals, needs and able to maintain records.
- Teamwork – Able to work in a respectful manner with others at varying degrees of experience.
- Project management – Able to multitask, mentor others, and follow up on ongoing maintenance projects, acto as general contractor/project manager for construction projects.
- Organizational – Able to multi-task, complete deadlines, prioritize while remaining flexible, keep work areas (desk, maintenance shop, vehicles, paperwork) organized.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and/or paid related work experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- Must have reliable, all-weather transportation.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 pounds; able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, flexible schedule, including weekends & holidays.
- Must be able to perform duties in an environment with exposure to animals, byproducts, feed carcasses, bedding materials, feeds, etc. for a prolonged period of time.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume with two references to email@example.com.